· New Today: 4,113
· New Yesterday: 9,922
· Total: 6,508,149
· Hourly: 70
· Daily: 1,370
· Monthly: 41,719
· Yearly: 500,627
An atomic clock is accurate to within 1 second in 1,7 million years
And Now You Do
2:22, But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
December 07, 2012 - 0 New Links||
(6) Men employees will be given time off each week for courting
purposes, or two evenings a week if they go regularly to church.
(7) After an employee has spent his thirteen hours of labor in the
office, he should spend the remaining time reading the Bible
and other good books.
(8) Every employee should lay aside from each pay packet a goodly
sum of his earnings for his benefit during his declining years,
so that he will not become a burden on society or his betters.
(9) Any employee who smokes Spanish cigars, uses alcoholic drink
in any form, frequents pool tables and public halls, or gets
shaved in a barber's shop, will give me good reason to suspect
his worth, intentions, integrity and honesty.
(10) The employee who has performed his labours faithfully and
without a fault for five years, will be given an increase of
five cents per day in his pay, providing profits from the
business permit it.
-- "Office Worker's Guide", New England Carriage Works, 1872
page views since December 2003
Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.